Dear Green Ltd acknowledges harmful effects in its operations on both the local and global environment and is committed to reducing them and to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
As we acknowledge the climate crisis and needed mitigation by businesses, we have committed to reducing our emissions to net zero and become a circular business by 2030 part of Glasgow’s reduction targets. To reach this ambitious target we seek to work with suppliers that aim to report their own emissions and demonstrate reduction goals.
We practise an agenda of measuring, monitoring and reporting on the environmental impact of our operations and business practices by adhering to the following:
- Commitment to raise awareness amongst suppliers and customers and team members
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers, aiming for circular processes.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Comply with all relevant science-based environmental legislation
- Measure company impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement and reduction of emissions.
- Report our environmental impact annually to customers
- Ensure that our communications are honest, clear and factual in addressing our business activities as well as the urgency of the climate crisis
- Use an accredited program (Carbon Trust) to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities that we cannot currently influence.
- Adopt a training program for staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist support in improving the company's performance.
To ensure maximum commitment this policy will be reviewed annually in order to amend the agenda.