Here at Dear Green HQ, we love to re-use and recycle at every opportunity. We’re committed to a circular economy approach, which means we treat waste as a resource, breaking the linear cycle of one-time use. Once your coffee leaves our roastery, there are several ways that you too can treat your own waste as a resource. A great place to start is by recycling your coffee grounds.
Let’s have a look at some creative ways to give those coffee grounds a second life.
Reusing coffee grounds in your garden
- Plants love coffee grounds, which means they make a great natural fertiliser.
- Add your grounds to the compost bin to encourage earthworm activity.
- Use your grounds as a natural bug repellant. Perfect for protecting your vegetable garden.
Using your coffee grounds in the kitchen
- Add a bowl of coffee grounds to your fridge or kitchen counter to absorb odours from cooking or food storage.
- Use coffee grounds in your washing-up liquid to remove tough stains or grease.
Coffee grounds in your beauty routine
- Used coffee grounds make the perfect exfoliator.
- Add unrefined coconut oil & unrefined almond milk to the grounds to create an incredible exfoliating face mask.
More ways to recycle your coffee grounds
- Replace the oils in your homemade candle with coffee grounds to create the perfect coffee scented candle.
- Mix used coffee grounds with water and use them to paint.
Coffee grounds from Dear Green HQ are collected by Revive Eco who use them for a range of products, like soil conditioner. They're also used in our new Dear Green seedboms. The seedboms are filled with coffee compost and a bee-friendly wildflower mix inspired by our Goosedubbs coffee blend – all you need to do is throw it and watch it grow!