It's been roasting hot in Glasgow the last few weeks so it's only fitting that we've been getting stuck into the cold brew here at Dear Green HQ! Here's our recipe in case you're keen to make it yourself:
120g of coffee beans – try using our new addition from El Salvador for its notes of blackberry and honey
1 litre of water (tap or filtered water)
Large jug which fits in the fridge
Filter papers (for example, V60 filter papers)
- Grind your coffee coarsely e.g. for cafetiere
- Put the ground coffee into your jug and add 1 litre of water.
- Chill in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour the cold brew through your pre-moistened filter papers to strain out the coffee grounds. Remember you can re-use your grounds so don't just bin them!
- Serve by pouring cold brew over ice and top with tonic water, if desired.
- Store the rest of the cold brew in the fridge.
P.S. This is the recipe we used last week to make cold brew for the Arctic Monkeys playing at TRNSMT on Glasgow Green!
Let us know if you try it out! ☕️