It's been roasting hot in Glasgow the last few weeks so it's only fitting that we've been getting stuck into the cold brew here at Dear Green HQ! Here's our recipe in case you're keen to make it yourself:
120g of coffee beans – try using our new addition from Kenya for syrupy sweetness, classic lemon and buttery notes as well as it's vibrant red berry flavour.
1 litre of water (tap or filtered water)
Large jug which fits in the fridge
Filter papers (for example, V60 filter papers)
- Grind your coffee coarsely e.g. for cafetiere
- Put the ground coffee into your jug and add 1 litre of filtered water.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Pour the cold brew through your pre-moistened filter papers to filter out the coffee grounds. Remember you can re-use your grounds so don't just bin them!
- Serve by pouring your cold brew concentrate over ice. Want to get really geeky? Calculate your ice volume as part of your water ratio in your recipe to avoid a diluted flavour.
- Store the rest of the cold brew in the fridge and prepare to experiment with your next serve! A splash of tonic water or gin too perhaps?!
P.S. This is the recipe we used to make cold brew for the Arctic Monkeys playing at TRNSMT on Glasgow Green!
Let us know if you try it out! ☕️