Coffee 'Cupping' Kit
Introducing the Dear Green Coffee Cupping Kit:
Analyse speciality coffee like the professionals with the right kit! Learn the essential tools to analyse flavour by following Speciality Coffee Association (SCA) Protocols and aiding sensory perception of your brew!
WHAT'S IN THE COFFEE CUPPING KIT?
- Sample Tray
- Cupping Bowl
- Cupping Spoon
- 4 x 70g bags Single Origin Coffee Beans
- SCA score sheet
- Coffee Tasters Flavour Wheel
- Instructions on how to cup
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED FOR COFFEE CUPPING?
- Water! (92-95 C, off the boil)
- Grinder! (Grind to consistency of coarse sand)
- Timer (4 mins brew time)
- Scale (55g of coffee per litre of water or 9g per 160ml)
WHAT'S CUPPING ALL ABOUT?
Coffee cupping is the practice of observing the tastes and aromas of brewed coffee.
Cupping will help you to identify basic taste sensations in coffee - sweet, salty, sour, bitter & umami. You'll consider aroma, flavour, aftertaste, acidity, body, balance & sweetness.
Coffee is scored out of 100 based on quality, intensity and uniformity. Speciality grade coffee is coffee which scores over 80 on the SCA scale.