In this espresso masterclass we focus on speciality coffee and all the skills the barista needs to showcase coffee.
The barista is responsible for ensuring that the hard work of the farmer, pickers, graders, cuppers and roaster does not go to waste – after all, they are the last pair of hands to come into contact with the coffee on its journey from soil to cup!
Skilled baristas can influence various brewing parameters to perfect the extraction and produce the tastiest cup of coffee!
Brewing coffee can be a science and an art, and we want you to be confident with the equipment and your ability to extract the very best flavours from our coffee.
As such, we take our Barista Training sessions pretty seriously. We take you from the basics of using your equipment to more advanced '4th wave' espresso extraction yield analysis, if you're willing to geek out with us a bit!
We will tailor the session to your needs depending on your experience. Each session will include:
- An overview of espresso machines - the functions of each part of the machine.
- A discussion on espresso extraction where we will then calibrate our palates to understand over-extraction and under-extraction.
- Dialling in espresso - how we achieve the correct extraction for every shot ensuring sweetness, acidity and balance in every coffee.
- Milk texturising - achieving the correct temperature and consistency every time.
- An introduction to latte art and pouring techniques.
Terms: Vouchers issued with 6 month validity. Payment is in advance of the class. Cancellation is only permitted 7 days prior to the commencement of the class. Please note that no refund will be issued for non attendance.
This class is also available to book as a one-on-one class!